The Information Technology Governance Committee (ITGC) is a decision-making body at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology reporting to the Provost and Executive Vice President and Treasurer.
The ITGC is charged with the following:
- Provide high level oversight for strategic decisions to ensure the IT environment supports the mission of MIT.
- Review and endorse priorities and directions for research computing, major systems implementations and enhancements, cybersecurity, and IT policy at the Institute.
- Steer the Institute to address long-existing, difficult systems challenges.
- Identify and charge sub-committees or working groups as appropriate to complete the committee charge and provide funding and review of progress as needed.
- Advise Executive Vice President and Treasurer and Provost on IT matters at MIT.